[mythtv-users] Recent Fedora updates

Nedim Cholich nedim.cholich at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 13:18:44 UTC 2006

My setup progressively deteriorated since I moved from 2122. I think 2133
was the worst with ivtv constantly barfing and requiring rmmod/insmod (I
kept my packages up to date from atrpms).

The first 2.6.17 kernel (2139) didn't even want to boot on my smp backend.

Now the latest 2145 kernel seems to be stable with all the parties playing
along. I do however have ivtv manually compiled and had to us nv instead of
nvidia xorg driver (it's backend so who cares) and will try atrpms packages
as soon as they become available.

Just a quick note for anyone out there contemplating an upgrade.