[mythtv-users] 350TV out second Monitor

jphughes at optonline.net jphughes at optonline.net
Fri Jul 7 14:24:10 UTC 2006

I have built a Myth TV system on a single computer using Jarrod Wilson guide. Everything is working fine. I have two Hauppauge cards in the computer one PVR 250 and a PVR 350. I am using the 350 for TV out as per Wilson’s guide and it is working fine as well.  I used Jarrod’s xorg .conf file to accomplish this. His xorg.conf file is configured for TV out only and does not provide for a usable CRT/Monitor to do normal computing.  I have tired modifying the xorg file using Jarrod’s initial information and adding a second monitor, device and screen, without success.  After several hours of experimentation I need some help/direction.  I do have a xorg file that will use the 350TV out and give me a normal desktop but the problems with that is when using the guide it pops up on the CRT/Monitor. When using Jarrod’s xorg the guide overlays the video on the TV transparently.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.  If additional information is required I would be happy to provide it. The video card is an Nvidia FX-5500.