[mythtv-users] MySql permissions required for Frontend accessing Backend?

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri Jul 7 15:00:21 UTC 2006

alunt2003 at googlemail.com wrote:
> I have just the ip addresses in both frontends.
> I have the same user and password in both frontends as well.
>
> It's strange the way i can see some info. I can see for example when
> mythfilldatabase last ran, but not my recordings.
>
> Everything works beautifuuly on the combined frontend/backend

That must not be the case though because your frontend is trying to
connect to your backend using a name.  When you configured the backend
in mythtv-setup, did you tell it to identify itself as hostname or IP
address?

Basically, the process is that the frontend connects to the DB using the
identifier you put in the frontend config, from there it reads the
master backend information you configured when you set up the backend,
then it tries to connect to that backend.

I'm thinking that if you use IP on the frontend, then hostname on the
backend, that this might be causing problems.

Kevin