Calin Brabandt cbrabandt at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 7 22:03:32 UTC 2006

Mike, Mache,

> Oops.  I read that wrong.  Set up whichever you want

> to not have tearing to be the primary display.
> (Based on your question, you'd set the TV to
> be the primary display.)

I've had problems with tearing too.  As you say,
assigning the primary display to the preferred device
so it gets the video overlay is key, but my
understanding is the FX6x00 series doesn't support an
overlay like the FX5x00 series.  I have a 5200 so I
don't know if you can completely eliminate the problem
with an FX6x00.

Also, I found OpenGL sync to make a huge difference.
I'm running the latest nVidia binaries with FC5 and
the drivers seem to be working with OpenGL sync.  Wish
I could get my Via Unichrome Pro system to works as
well :(.

-Cal