[mythtv-users] FC5 VIA XvMC What Am I Missing?

Jake Thompson jake at jakethompson.com
Sat Jul 8 02:53:31 UTC 2006

I am not too sure when I got he 2111 update, I am usually seeing if there
are updates every other day, it may have been a short lived RPM.

However, I HAVE IT WORKING!!!!!  This solved both my stutter and my xine
problem.

edit /etc/grub.conf
and modify your kernel line adding to the end:

noapic nolapic pci=noacpi acpi=off

I beleive what really solved it was the pci=noacpi and acpi=off but I do not
need apic either so it won't hurt.  Anyway this solved all the porblems I
have been seeing.  Glad to finally track this down.  Try it out and let me
know if it works for you.

-Jake