[mythtv-users] TVWish - just a note for new users

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Sat Jul 8 19:14:28 UTC 2006

On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 08:32:47PM +1000, Phill Edwards wrote:
> > If you're relatively new to MythTV, you may not be aware of tvwish, so
> > I'm posting a little reminder since I find it so useful. I've been
> > using tvwish for some time and have discovered many great movies, and
> > the relatively new suggest feature has found some interesting things
> > for me as well.
>
> I have this installed but find that I never get to watch anything it
> records because it puts them in a TVWish group so they never show up
> in my recordings screen which is set to show recordings in the Default
> group. Do you know if there is a way to change this without hacking
> source code?

I think adding
        Set:  group=Default

To your file would restore the group, or it is a trivial source change
around like 1174 of the current source.

I didn't realize that some people configured to only show the Default
recording group in Myth, doesn't it show all recording groups normally?

TVWish puts most of its recordings in the TVWish group, but suggestions
are put in the Suggest-TVW group.

As per above you can also set different groups.  For example putting
pilots, or critic's recommendations etc. into a pilot group