[mythtv-users] configure firewire issues

Charles Francis charles at francis-home.com
Sun Jul 9 02:06:20 UTC 2006

After trying to use the RPMS and nothing seeming to work the way it
should, I moved over to SVN and everything seems to be working better now.
 I am having an issue compiling firewire support.

System specs:  Athlon 3200+, 2gb Memory, 900gb RAID0, Firewire to SA3250.

[mythtv at mythtv mythtv]$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-xvmc
--cpu=x86_64 --arch=x86_64
ERROR: CPU specific ./configure options failed compile test
       Removing CPU specific compilation options. (-march=x86_64)

# Basic Settings
Compile type     release
Compiler cache   no
DistCC           no
Install prefix   /usr/local
CPU              x86_64 (x86_64)
Big Endian       no
MMX enabled      yes
Vector Builtins  yes

# Input Support
Joystick menu    yes
lirc support     yes
Video4Linux sup. yes
ivtv support     yes
FireWire support no
DVB support      no [/usr/include]
DBox2 support    yes
HDHomeRun sup.   yes
CRC Ip Rec sup.  yes
FreeBox support  yes

# Sound Output Support
OSS support      yes
ALSA support     yes
aRts support     yes
JACK support     no
DTS passthrough  no

# Video Output Support
x11 support      yes
xrandr support   yes
xv support       yes
XvMC support     yes
XvMC VLD support yes
XvMC pro support no
XvMC OpenGL sup. no
XvMC libs        -lXvMCW
Mac accel.       no
OpenGL vsync     no
DirectFB         no

# Misc Features
Frontend         yes
Backend          yes

# Bindings
perl           no
Creating libs/libmyth/mythconfig.h and libs/libmyth/mythconfig.mak

Any idea what prerequisites there are for firewire?  Doing ./configure
--help doesn't indicate any commands to enable firewire.  Thanks in
advance.