[mythtv-users] mode2 and irrecord to setup remote

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 02:16:35 UTC 2006

> I must not be understanding something.
> I am using a NEXXTECH ( Usesd to be RadioShack in Canada ) generic 6 in one
> remote.
> I am trying to get it setup using irrecord ( no prebuilt lircd.conf ) and
> mode2
> Using mode2, some keys on the remote do not even register.
>
> I was reading Jerods guide and have the remote set to a marantz VCR code.
> Some keys register, some dont.
>
> How can I just do this so that all keys work ( what to set the remote to? )
> and then is there just a manual way to get all lircd codes out of it so I
> can set it up?

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your issue, but I had something similar
a while ago when I bought a cheapy univeral remote. It had different
modes (TV, DVD, etc) but I found that not all keys sent signals in all
the modes. So for example, while the arrow keys might have sent a
signal when in DVD mode so I could navigate a DVD menu, the
manufacturer obviously decided they weren't required in TV mode so no
signals was sent for arrow keys in TV mode. _Very_ annoying and a
seemingly pointless thing to do by the manufacturer - hey some extra
codes don't cost anything do they!

Perhaps you've got a similar problem. You could test it if you have a
palm pilot or similar which has software to respond to IR signals.
This is how I found out my problem.

Regards,
Phill