[mythtv-users] System constantly locks up

Mark list at onnow.net
Sun Jul 9 14:12:34 UTC 2006

I have this on my hardware. It hangs when I enter graphical ( X ) but not
otherwise.
Append this to your boot string in grub ( or add it to the kernel line to
make it permanent in grub )
 acpi=off noacpi

This does the trick for me.  Worth a try maybe.
Also, you can install and test your memory with memtest86.  That will run a
full test and report errors.
If you are getting regular lockups, try one thing at a time and your should
be able to diagnose it fairly easily.  No heat, acpi, maybe starting to look
like hardware?  Check your disks, any errors in the logs when it crashes?

Mark