[mythtv-users] PVR350 and NOVA-T in same box

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 03:25:02 UTC 2006

On 09/07/06, Tomica Crnek <Tomica.Crnek at span.hr> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>  I am new to MythTV, but I have few months experience with it. Now I have a
> problem and I think this is the right place to ask about it.
>
>  I am running backend system on one FC5 box. First I had only pvr350 card in
> this box and it was working fine. Few days ago I have added one nova-t dvb
> card and I can not make it work. The system recognizes the new card in the
> mythsetup but it seams that I can not tune to any channels. I have tested it
> in another pc running windows and there it works fine attached to the same
> antenna which I use in myth box. If I run lspci on myth box I can see both
> pvr350 and nova-t cards, but now in this new configuration only pvr350
> works.
>
>  I think that I am not the first one with such problem, so I will appreciate
> if someone can help. Maybe I am doing something wrong, maybe something in
> modprobe.conf needs to be set or whatever.

I have a slave backend with a PVR-350 and Nova-T (model 90002, using
cx88-dvb) so it does work! In fact, this was my first multi-tuner
MythTV setup running FC2.

I would make sure the DVB-T card works outside of MythTV first. You
can use scan and tzap from the dvb-apps package, or (and I use this
method when I install a new DVB card) use a TV package like Kaffeine.
These packages will let you scan for channels (Kaffeine comes with
many location files to aid scanning) and then watch them live. Once
this is working, adding the card to MythTV shouldn't be a problem. You
can also import the channels.conf file that scan (or dvbscan) creates
into MythTV to avoid channel scanning inside of MythTV. Make sure that
the permissions of the DVB devices are also adequate to allow the
mythbackend user to access them.

As far as my modprobe.conf file goes, I have no DVB-related entries at all.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/