[mythtv-users] NFS vs MythTV streaming

glen martin lists at locutory.org
Mon Jul 10 15:45:41 UTC 2006

Ashley Clark wrote:
> Are there any benefits to setting up an NFS share for my frontend to
> access instead of having MythTV handle the streaming?
Others responded regarding performance (to sum: try it out and see if it
helps you).

I haven't set up NFS yet, but I'm currently considering it to solve a
different issue: Every now and then what seems errors in a stream during
playback of a recording will cause both frontend and backend to crash.
I'd kinda like to separate the backend from the playback process so
playback errors don't screw up recordings currently in progress
(important) or require restart of the backend (trivial for me, less so
for others in the household).

glen