[mythtv-users] If you have a PVR250 card, please tell me...

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 00:32:31 UTC 2006

On 11/07/06, Joe Marcom <jmarcom at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Does it use a Conexant chipset, or something else?  I have tried (and
> failed) to make my TV tuner seen on 3 different mobos and at least 6
> different distros.  Currently trying Mandriva 2006 on an Athlon 64
> board.  The card and MPEG2 encoder are seen, but not the tuner.  I
> noticed the Conexant chip and recall having compatibility problems with
> all of the in the past.  I would say the tuner was defective, except it
> works in Windows.  Talked to a person at Hauppauge, but he only knew
> about Windows.   TIA.

I'd say it's more likely a tuner type misconfiguration if it works
normally in Windows (or you have not switched the card's input to the
tuner -see ivtvctl. The codec chip is a Conexant part - the tuner
could be Samsung/Philips/etc.

The following script will provide the most recent ivtv modprobe output
from your syslog (it should mention the tuner's status) - this is
extremely useful information:

tac /var/log/messages |
sed -n '/=\ \ END INIT IVTV\ \ =/,/= START INIT IVTV =/p;
       /= START INIT IVTV =/q' |
tac

Do you have any ivtv options in your modprobe.conf file? ivtv is now
very good at autodetecting the tuner type, but it may still be
required for some tuners. What version of ivtv/kernel are you running?

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/