[mythtv-users] Sort of OT - Attn Aussies

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Tue Jul 11 03:20:42 UTC 2006

My wife made a comment last night that got me thinking. The building and
use of a Myth box in other countries seem to be well worth it, what with
heaps of channels and easy access to info. With our (Australian) limited
amount of free-to-air channels and, in the case of pay TV, limited
ability to access subscription TV, plus the fact that our broadcasters
have it in their head that program information is copyright - why do we
go through all the hassles of building a Myth box? Is it all worth it in
the end? I ask because I see alot of Aussies setting their machines up
for FTA channels only. This is not to say that I will not continue to
build mine, I was just wondering what drives the rest of you....

Cheers
Bruce