[mythtv-users] Sort of OT - Attn Aussies

Nick Tan nick at wehi.EDU.AU
Tue Jul 11 04:07:11 UTC 2006

David Whyte wrote:
> On 7/11/06, Bruce Nordstrand <brucen at ksl.com.au> wrote:
>> I was just wondering what drives the rest of you....
>
> Simple, the convenience.  The alternative would be the use of a VCR
> and frankly I detest VCR's.  Tapes go missing, you have to rewind and
> fastforward, you have to wait for the show to finish recording to
> start watching, only one person can playback the show at once, you
> have to setup the recordings etc etc etc.
>
> Plus, I like the fact I can do more with my recordings, such as watch
> them on my PDA or burn them to DVD.
>
> And whilst the difficulty involved in Foxtel type recordings has
> detered me from even bothering, I do still watch FTA so it is all
> worth it!

I've set mine up for FTA and Optus digital cable and I can say its well
worth the effort involved.  I agree with your comments about VCR's.  I
love being able to watch my shows on a remote frontend while my wife
watches her shows on the main TV, while recording from FTA and cable at
the same time!