[mythtv-users] digital tv card?

Carl Fongheiser carlfongheiser at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 12:40:18 UTC 2006

On 7/11/06, Timothy Waters <timothy.waters at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I'm used to everybody I know having gmail and it automatically
> hides quoted text. My bad. What does the MCE remote use to transmit to the
> card? the pvr-250MCE doesn't have any input for a remote. What is a good
> tv-out card that you can output component(yellow,red,white)? My TV is kinda
> crappy and only has component(Yellow,red,white) other than coax.

First of all, the MCE remote's receiver connects via USB.   Your  PVR-250
doesn't even enter into the equation.

Your TV doesn't have a component input.  That's a composite input.  The
yellow connector carries the video, and the red & white connectors carry the
audio.  Most video cards with TV out include a suitable adapter for the
video part.  You'll need a mini-stereo to dual-RCA cable for the audio --
this will connect to the output from your computer's sound adapter.

Carl Fongheiser