[mythtv-users] Fwd: MediaMVP not booting from tftp server, anybody seen this before?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Jul 11 14:36:42 UTC 2006

On Jul 11, 2006, at 12:37 AM, Gert-Jan Bilt, van de wrote:

> Indeed I am, straight out of the box, nothing changed to the unit.
> And indeed it does work with the Hauppauge server software, it even
> loads the GB-PVR dongle file. But those 2 are using something
> called Shoutcast (??) according to their log files, which indeed
> works on port 16881. And the version of Hauppauge software I use is
> 3.2.24125b, or is that 0.3.2? And still, the MediaMVP should read
> the bootp-server field of the dhcpd response, right? But it
> doesn't.... It seems to broadcast on port 16881 waiting for a
> reaction.

OK then, you have to flash the replacement firmware, have a look at:

http://mvpmc.sourceforge.net/idx.php?pg=main

This is a replacement firmware that knows how to do what you want,
all the factory stuff knows is how to work with the HogPaws-supplied
software.

> Oh, and I do have a European version of the MediaMVP, in case that
> can make a difference?

I don't think so, but I have not tried it so I don't know for sure.
Probably look better as PAL is a better system :-)