[mythtv-users] MediaMVP not booting from tftp server, anybody

Gert-Jan Bilt, van de GertJan at vdbilt.eu
Tue Jul 11 20:03:26 UTC 2006

Unfortunately I found the answer after some more digging on the internet: I have a H2 version, which simply does not boot from tftp anymore. It's new and improved.

So, I'll have to install something like a MVP-server, hope it boots from there, see if i can replace the image with one that does boot from tftp, take it from there, and hope it works.

Thanks all for replying, when there's a solid solution I'll put it on the list.

>>> harald.overas at gmail.com 7/11/2006 11:48:32 >>>
Hi

I think you must enable tftp server on your distro and configure
dhcp.conf correct. The first think the mvpmc tries is to contact a
DHCP server. The DHCP server has scope options about the ip-adresse
for the tftp server. The client contacts then the tftp server and
download the dongle.bin.mvpmc which is the operativsystem and the GUI.
After this it starts up normally. The mvpmc are based on the busybox
linux distro.

Check out this howto:
http://mvpmc.sourceforge.net/mvpmc-HOWTO-singlehtml.html#ss3.4
The Windows howto are also helpful.
http://mvpmc.sourceforge.net/windows/mvpmc_windoze_howto.html
Editing a correct dhcp.conf are a pain. Enabling tftp are disabled per
default. Goggle around for howto to this for your distro

Harald