[mythtv-users] IR Blaster without a serial connector?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 22:39:02 UTC 2006

> You don't /have/ to bring the serial connection out to a PCI I/O
> connector. If you have a serial connector with a ribbon cable, just
> snake the ribbon cable out the back (maybe between another PCI card and
> the chassis, our a ventilation hole, etc.) and leaving it dangling. Then
> you can connect your blaster to it. You could also get a nibbling tool
> and cut a hole in the back of your case, with for the cable, or for the
> connector.
>
> Regards,
>  JJ

Appreciate the response!  I thought of that, but I'd rather look for a
more elegant solution.  I also thought of choosing a different case,
but I really would like to keep the one I have (a SliverStone LC-11).
I have seen cases (The Travla series) that have additional "areas" on
the back of the case for non-PCI based I/O plates like this, and I
like that idea.

I'll keep looking, thank you for all the replies so far!

-Chad