[mythtv-users] HD3000 - PVR250 - Comcast

Nedim Cholich nedim.cholich at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 03:18:58 UTC 2006

On 7/11/06, Jim Valavanis <jimvman at comcast.net> wrote:

> Now the PVR250 has device node at /dev/video1 and the HD3000
> /dev/video0.  I believe this is due to the PCI slot that each one is
> installed on.  I've read some posts that state that the PVR250 should be
> using /dev/video0, but I'm not sure this would make a difference?  I
> could swap the PCI slots.

You are trying to use analog tuner on HD3000. What you really want to do is
use digital tuner with dvb instead. To do that you need to prevent kernel
from loading cx8000 and cx88_blackbird drivers but blacklisting them. On
Fedora put these two lines in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
blacklist cx8800
blacklist cx88_blackbird

The only /dev/videoX shoould come from PVR250. HD3000 devices will be under
/dev/dvb/adapterX/...

Anyway, I've been unsuccessful with the HD3000 card, I've tried using
> dtvsignal...
> dtvsignal /dev/video0
> Signal: 000

Again, using wrong device.