[mythtv-users] select timeout - ivtv driver has stopped responding

Nedim Cholich nedim.cholich at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 11:03:02 UTC 2006

> release contains backports/fixes up to r10138
> (http://atrpms.net/dist/fc5/mythtv/mythtv-backend-0.19-129.rhfc5.at.i386.rpm.html)

Thanks.

But now that I look at my /var/log/messages and observe behavior
(mythbackend becomes unresponsive after this happens) I don't think
the fix is working for my particular case.

Jul 11 16:03:16 rhino kernel: ivtv1 warning: IRQ: IVTV_IRQ_DEC_DMA_ERR
Jul 11 16:10:37 rhino kernel: ivtv1 warning: IRQ: IVTV_IRQ_DEC_DMA_ERR
Jul 11 16:13:31 rhino kernel: ivtv1 warning: IRQ: IVTV_IRQ_DEC_DMA_ERR
Jul 11 16:13:34 rhino kernel: ivtv1 warning: ENC: REG_DMAXFER 2 wait failed
Jul 11 16:13:37 rhino kernel: ivtv1 warning: DEC: REG_ENCSG1LEN wait failed
Jul 11 16:13:38 rhino kernel: ivtv1 warning: ENC: DMA still Pending
while stopping capture!

Sigh... oh well...