[mythtv-users] PVR-350 remote?

Henrik Gammelmark mythtv at geemark.com
Wed Jul 12 14:27:08 UTC 2006

Henrik Gammelmark wrote:
> OK, so I finally gave up on the debian apt packages and compiled it from
> scracth - and it works!! Thank you very much David, and thanks for the
> configuration files Michael, although I think mine were close to
> identical :)
>
> / Henrik

Maybe it was too soon to be happy.
The remote still works, and all buttons are mapped fine according to
irw. However, often I must press ecach key multiple times before I get a
reaction - both in MythTV and in the "irw" utility.

dmesg reports the following, where the "unknown key" errors occur when I
press a key on the remote that it does not recognize.

lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61
lirc_i2c: chip found @ 0x18 (Hauppauge IR)
lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 10

i2c IR (Hauppauge): unknown key: key=0x14 raw=0x3f94 down=1
i2c IR (Hauppauge): unknown key: key=0x14 raw=0x3f94 down=0
i2c IR (Hauppauge): unknown key: key=0x14 raw=0x3794 down=1
i2c IR (Hauppauge): unknown key: key=0x14 raw=0x3794 down=0
i2c IR (Hauppauge): unknown key: key=0x14 raw=0x3f94 down=1
i2c IR (Hauppauge): unknown key: key=0x14 raw=0x3f94 down=0
i2c IR (Hauppauge): unknown key: key=0x14 raw=0x3794 down=1

What could be causing this?