[mythtv-users] WinTV-PVR 150

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Jul 12 15:38:21 UTC 2006

On Jul 12, 2006, at 8:59 AM, Santiago Almenara wrote:

>> Only the non-MCE has an interface for the IR xmtr/rcvr, it has a 1/8"
>> "headphone" type connector for baseband audio input.
>>
>> The MCE units have FM tuners and use RCA connectors for audio
>> input, no remote
>> interface.
>>
>> So in my case I got a non-MCE for the first tuner, as I wanted the
>> remote and interface
>> for it. The remaining tuners are MCE units.
>
> What about recording profiles?

There is no difference between the cards as far as recording profiles.

> I've seen that the MCE and non-MCE cards are diferent in the back.
> I think that the non-MCE has an input for IR.

Correct, that's the remote interface. The space taken up by that
connector precludes using 2 RCA connectors for audio so that model
uses a 1/8" "headphone" type connector.

> Will 3 of them record audio & video directly or should I need an
> additional audio cable to my sound card like my bttv card?

The recorded audio is encoded into the mpeg output created by the
card. No cables/soundcards are required for recording. (Of course you
need a sound device to play back the audio).