[mythtv-users] Upgraded to SVN now having issues

glen martin lists at locutory.org
Wed Jul 12 19:04:33 UTC 2006

I encountered a similar symptom when I moved to 10258 from 99?? (with a
bunch of other system updates, so I wouldn't day I isolated the problem
at all to the myth update). I encountered some strange problem running
mysql on a 3rd (non-*-end) box, which happened to be doing mail tossing
(+spam filtering, +virus detection, et al), file serving, and running a
mucking large raid5+lvm (it was my site master fileserver). MythTV just
turtled (good word, that). it looked like mysql was hanging up somehow,
though this configuration seemed to work fine previously. In this case,
moving mysql off that machine onto the master backend totally cleared
that up.  FWIW.

glen