[mythtv-users] hiccups loading DVB firmware: related to HD3000 troubles?

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Jul 12 22:40:18 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 21:26 -0700, Patrick Mansfield wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 02:56:11PM -0600, Greg Woods wrote:
>
> > I'd be willing to replace the power supply if I could believe that is
> > likely to help, but it's a financial expense and a huge labor project. I
> > don't want to that just because nothing else has worked, I'd like to
> > have some reason to believe it would help, and some way to know what
> > type of power supply might work better.
>
> What power supply are you using?
>
> I had a similar problem, I swapped a new antec SP-450 power supply with an
> antec he-500 and HD 3000 QAM tuning started working.

Urg. I have an he-500 already.

When your tuning didn't work, what were the symptoms? I can tune just
fine, I just can't capture without a lot of breaking up and stuttering.

How hard it is to replace a power supply depends a great deal on how
much experience you have with hardware stuff. I am a software guy, so
anything that involves unplugging and replugging, in the correct places,
a dozen or so cables, is a risky proposition for me. I have broken
motherboards trying to plug in IDE cables. If you're experienced with
this kind of thing, it's easy, but if you're not, it's a difficult and
possibly dangerous undertaking.

--Greg