[mythtv-users] Missing channel and freqid = NULL problem

Mark mrote at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 13 17:06:39 UTC 2006

Anduin Withers wrote:
 >> At the time it was Source code version: 10482
 >> but I just upgraded to Source code version: 10488 and got the same
 >> results in a quick test. Hope that's what you mean by version.
 >
 > It is. 10393 should have fixed it, though I admit I didn't check it.
The fix
 > was based on the patch with ticket 1848, thought it doesn't seem to carry
 > over the else freqid = channum path (from a quick glance).
 >
 > If the bug is still there this evening I'll pull your lineup and look
at it.

Thanks!  Not sure if this would cause the missing channel or not but I
did some further checking.

I pulled the channel data using tv_grab_na_dd and noticed that the
missing channel (25 LIFE) has a channel id of 10918 and channel 12 which
is causing the conflict has a channel id of 10621 BUT...in the channel
table itself, channel 12 always has an xmltvid of 10918 which is
apparently associated with LIFE 25

<channel id="I10621.labs.zap2it.com">
     <display-name>12 KOKH</display-name>
     <display-name>12 KOKH OK35543:-</display-name>
     <display-name>12</display-name>
     <display-name>25 KOKH fcc</display-name>
     <display-name>KOKH</display-name>
     <display-name>KOKH</display-name>
     <display-name>Fox Affiliate</display-name>
   </channel>

<channel id="I10918.labs.zap2it.com">
     <display-name>25 LIFE</display-name>
     <display-name>25 LIFE OK35543:-</display-name>
     <display-name>25</display-name>
     <display-name>LIFE</display-name>
     <display-name>Lifetime</display-name>
     <display-name>Satellite</display-name>
   </channel>

+--------+---------+--------+----------+------+---------+
| chanid | channum | freqid | callsign | name | xmltvid |
+--------+---------+--------+----------+------+---------+
|   1012 | 12      | 25     | KOKH     | KOKH | 10918

If I remove channel 12 from my zap2it lineup, the info for channel 25 is
then downloaded as below but of course I don't have channel 12 in the
database

+--------+---------+--------+----------+----------+---------+
| chanid | channum | freqid | callsign | name     | xmltvid |
+--------+---------+--------+----------+----------+---------+
|   1025 | 25      | 0      | LIFE     | Lifetime | 10918   |

Well, that actually helped figure something out. After removing channel
12, updating the database to get data for channel 25 and then adding
channel 12 BACK to my lineup, the database seems to update channel 12
with the correct xmltvid and the channel 25 info is still there.
Confusing. :)

nid | channum | freqid | callsign | name | xmltvid |
|   1012 | 12      | 25     | KOKH     | KOKH | 10621   |

Here it gets more strange. If I truncate the channel table and run
mythfilldatabase --do-channel-updates (not sure if that should even be
done) I get this where there is info from 2 channels in one entry.