[mythtv-users] PVR-350 remote?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 17:35:20 UTC 2006

On 13/07/06, Henrik Gammelmark <mythtv at geemark.com> wrote:

> There is something I do not understand though: Why is the device loaded
> as /dev/lirc on the desktop, and /dev/lirc0 on the server/myth-box?

Probably related to udev - depending on the lirc rule is it using, it
may create either /dev/lirc, or /dev/lirc0 (or sometime /dev/lirc/0).
Some distros have rules that create a symlink between lirc and lirc0
because some applications are hard-coded to check for one or the
other. Note if the prior install used mknod to create the lirc devices
you could also end up with whatever devices the install script decided
upon.

> Previously I have had some apt-version of lirc installed on the server,
> but I am pretty sure they are gone now - how do I check this?
> No modules are loaded other than the home-built ones (lsmod).

You could use

# rpm -qa |grep "lirc"

to see if there are any lirc RPMs still install.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/