[mythtv-users] Can a FX5200 drive a Westinghouse LVM-42w2

Richard Woelk richardwoelk at yahoo.ca
Thu Jul 13 18:53:28 UTC 2006

<http://www.prairiemobile.com/>
Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 07/12/06 23:05, Brian Wood wrote:

>>> Most cards with DVI-only output come with a DVI-VGA adapter.
>>>

>> That wouldn't help in this case as the limitation is with the card
>> driving the DVI port, no passive adapter will let you increase the
>> clock rate behind it.

Marc,
I think the DVI to VGA adapter would work in this case, as the Dual DVI cards acutally have two VGA outputs in them, It is just in a different type of connector. I run a 19" CRT off my GeForce 7800GT, at 1280x960 at 85Hz.

I have this in my xorg.conf under the screen section and it works well.

Options "ConnectedMonitor" "CRT"

I will try 1920x1080 at 60Hz later today and let you know.