[mythtv-users] How to shedule recordings from command line?

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Thu Jul 13 20:21:04 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 04:58:20PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 07/12/2006 03:36 PM, Mario Bernard wrote:
> >> With 'arguments' I meant a provided API (documented) which calls the Mythweb module doing the actual job.
> >>
> > What do you think about the API ?
>
> Haven't looked into it at all, but that sounds a lot like what I would
> assume are the intentions behind Chris Petersen's (xris's) new Perl
> bindings (although I would guess the Perl bindings do the work without
> MythWeb).

Correct.   That's what tvwish's libraries, and presumably this new perl bindings
library are all about.

But tvwish ought to do what you want.   If you put a line like:

Episode:  Welcome to the Hellmouth  Series="Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

into a text file, and then run tvwish on that text file, it will queue up a recording
of that show for you.    Seems to me that is what you would expect from a command
line interface.

Or are you looking to do manual recordings?  I never put in code to do that.