[mythtv-users] PVR-350 remote?

Henrik Gammelmark mythtv at geemark.com
Thu Jul 13 20:32:00 UTC 2006

Nick wrote:
> On 13/07/06, Henrik Gammelmark <mythtv at geemark.com> wrote:
>
>> There is something I do not understand though: Why is the device loaded
>> as /dev/lirc on the desktop, and /dev/lirc0 on the server/myth-box?
>
> Probably related to udev - depending on the lirc rule is it using, it
> may create either /dev/lirc, or /dev/lirc0 (or sometime /dev/lirc/0).
> Some distros have rules that create a symlink between lirc and lirc0
> because some applications are hard-coded to check for one or the
> other. Note if the prior install used mknod to create the lirc devices
> you could also end up with whatever devices the install script decided
> upon.
>
>> Previously I have had some apt-version of lirc installed on the server,
>> but I am pretty sure they are gone now - how do I check this?
>> No modules are loaded other than the home-built ones (lsmod).
>
> You could use
>
> # rpm -qa |grep "lirc"
>
> to see if there are any lirc RPMs still install.
>
> Nick

Debian does not use RPM packages, but DEB (apt) - but I am almost
positive that no other lirc's are installed.

It just confuses me - I can still use 2, 8, 4 and 6 as arrows in myth
and they respond smoothly - so it definitely seems like something is
still interfering - yet I cannot figure out what and how :S