[mythtv-users] How to shedule recordings from command line?

Mario Bernard Mario.Bernhard at gmx.net
Thu Jul 13 21:19:36 UTC 2006

>From: "Brad Templeton" <brad+myth at templetons.com>
>> >>
>> > What do you think about the API ?
>>
>> Haven't looked into it at all, but that sounds a lot like what I would
>> assume are the intentions behind Chris Petersen's (xris's) new Perl
>> bindings (although I would guess the Perl bindings do the work without
>> MythWeb).
>
>Correct.   That's what tvwish's libraries, and presumably this new perl bindings
>library are all about.
>
>But tvwish ought to do what you want.   If you put a line like:
>
>Episode:  Welcome to the Hellmouth  Series="Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
>
>into a text file, and then run tvwish on that text file, it will queue up a recording
>of that show for you.    Seems to me that is what you would expect from a command
>line interface.
>
>Or are you looking to do manual recordings?  I never put in code to do that.

Manual recordings I do not need. What I like is to specify the channel, starttime and an overtime (or endtime).
I want to specify the channel, because several channels propose the same schedule for the same day, but some of them have commercials others not.
Although I could set priority, which I never used.

I like to specify an endtime, when I now recordings are back-to-back. And other recordings are running aside. I have three tuners.

Something like: -c <channel> -s 12.12.2006-14.00 -e +20
The +20 is plus 20 minutes or a date

Series I always will schedule using the frontend, because they will go into another group and I want to specify daily any channel/daily every channels/ and the number of recordings to keep.

I will have a look into tvwish when it gets available in the fixes branch.

Mario