[mythtv-users] How to shedule recordings from command line?

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Fri Jul 14 00:21:18 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 11:19:36PM +0200, Mario Bernard wrote:
> Manual recordings I do not need. What I like is to specify the channel, starttime and an overtime (or endtime).
> I want to specify the channel, because several channels propose the same schedule for the same day, but some of them have commercials others not.
> Although I could set priority, which I never used.
>
> I like to specify an endtime, when I now recordings are back-to-back. And other recordings are running aside. I have three tuners.
>
> Something like: -c <channel> -s 12.12.2006-14.00 -e +20
> The +20 is plus 20 minutes or a date
>
> Series I always will schedule using the frontend, because they will go into another group and I want to specify daily any channel/daily every channels/ and the number of recordings to keep.
>
> I will have a look into tvwish when it gets available in the fixes branch.

It is not in any branch, you just download it, it's a standalone program, works with
mythtv from .16 to current.

However, it doesn't do that, though it would not take much to make it do what
you describe above.   Still not sure why mythweb can't do the job though.  You're
somewhere with just ssh and no web browser?