[mythtv-users] Composite since upgrade to 0.19

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 20:05:41 UTC 2006

On 14/07/06, James Pifer <jep at obrien-pifer.com> wrote:
> I recently upgraded to 0.19 and most things are working well. One
> problem I have is my composite input, which I had configured and working
> with 0.18. After the upgrade I had to delete all my card settings and
> redo them.
>
> I can't figure out what input to use. I have a PVR350 and a PVR250. I'm
> trying to use the composite on the 250. Here's my ivtv output:

<snip>

> So in mythtv I have /dev/video0 and /dev/video1. I assume my PVR250 is
> video1 based on the ivtv setup?

Should be. You can see the ivtv0 output contains details on the
decoder, which only the -350 card has. This should then be the first
ivtv card udev handles, so should create the /dev/video0 device.
However, I'm sure there could be timing/hardware issues which will
contradict this.

> I've created a channel called composite. How do I know what input to
> assign it to? I've tried a couple and it has not worked.
>
> I have:
> S-Video 1
> Composite 1
> S-Video 2
> Composite 2
> Composite 3

(It's likely one of the composite inputs, but stranger things have happened...)

When configuring ivtv cards, I've found that there is no golden rule
as to which driver input is the correct one for the particular card. I
use ivtvctl (the -p option changes inputs, the -n lists available
inputs) to change to each input in turn, and then read the device from
mplayer/xine to test whether I'm receiving the feed correctly. Then I
use mythtv-setup to assign the video source (the channel lineup) to
the correct input on the card.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki: