[mythtv-users] streaming MythFrontend to Zaurus

Ben Dash ben_dash at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 15 03:51:35 UTC 2006

I'm thinking about getting a zaurus and I'd really
like to be able to use it with Myth, however, I'm
pretty sure that it's not powerful enough to run
MythFrontend.

I just read an ingenious way that this could be done
using a machine running mythfrontend, outputting
fullscreen through a TV out card, plugged into a TV
tuner card, streamed at low bitrate to an mplayer
client on a zaurus:

http://home.mchsi.com/~cmisip/zaurus.htm#STR

I was wondering, is there any way to do this without
the TV tuner card?

Can you capture the X display and stream that?

Can you capture the framebuffer display and stream
that?

I love the idea, but I don't have a TV out video card
nor a spare PVR250 handy.

Please let me know your thoughts,

Thanks,

Ben