[mythtv-users] mythweb: links to recordings

Jimbo jim at jamesberwick.com
Sun Jul 16 00:36:55 UTC 2006

D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> [I'm a newbie]
>
> I'm trying mythweb.  I'm quite impressed.  But I have a problem.
>
> On one of my computers, in the recorded programs page, the thumbnail
> for a recording is a link to the file of the recording.  (The browsing
> machine is running Firefox on Linux.)
>
> On another of my computers, the URL is for the host 127.0.0.1.  Since
> the recofding is not on the machine from which I'm browsing, this URL
> isn't correct.  (The browsing machine is running Firefox on WinXP.)
>
> Why would I obseve two different behaviours?

You may want to try editing conf.php in %webroot%/conf/.

Around line 55 is a section like:
// video_url is normally determined automatically (a local link to
data/recordings
//   for Linux/MacOS, and a myth:// URL for windows machines), but you
can override
//   it here to something else if you really need to.
#   define('video_url', 'data/recordings');
#   define('video_url', 'file://machine_name/path_to_videos');

It will try to automatically figure out the right links, but if that
isn't working you can manually define what you want.

In your case, you may want to install the DSmyth filters (
http://dsmyth.sourceforge.net/ ) which will make those myth:// URLs work
for you.  The alternative is probably to uncomment the first define()
call there, which will make the links go to %webroot%/data/recordings/.
  I did this for a while, but most browsers will download the entire
file and then launch your media player, while if you install the Dsmyth
filters it will make the video stream in your media player without
having to wait.

Hope this helps.