[mythtv-users] help: mythbackend stopped working

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jul 16 18:14:52 UTC 2006

On 07/16/2006 12:32 PM, Geir Inge wrote:
> My mythbackend has started to act up. It appears it fails to read data
> about inputcards, schedules etc from the database (altough it detects
> my 2 input cards)
>
> I can find no error messages explaning this in the log. except for a
> strange message during startup:
>
> 2006-07-16 18:25:08.388 Current Schema Version: 1124
> 2006-07-16 18:25:08.406 Newest Schema Version : 1123
>
> Somehow my database scema is higher than the "Newest Schema Version".

Someone ran a newer version of MythTV (mythtv-setup, mythfrontend, or
mythbackend) than you're currently running against your current database...

Note, also, that 0.19-fixes is still using DBSchemaVer 1123, so someone
ran SVN trunk against your database...

> The scedule in mythweb is empty, but still the backend tries to record
> programs at the correct times. However, this operations fails because
> it is unable to change channels on a input card with empty name..

You'll need to upgrade to SVN trunk r8948 or higher to get to
DBSchemaVer 1124.  Note, though, that the 1124 schema update is unlikely
to cause problems unless you're trying to use DVB radio (this is not a
guarantee of success, though, as downgrading is never supported).

Also, cardinput got a displayname in DBSchemaVer 1118.  However, the
code is written to allow blank values (that's actually the default).
The database should prevent NULL values.  So, I don't think the empty
name is the problem.

> Below is the full log from startup. Please advice.
> 2006-07-16 18:25:08.607 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host: localhost
> Antenna is defined, but isn't attached to a cardinput.

Which is saying that although you have a videosource called Antenna, you
forgot to associate it with inputs on a card.  So, go into mythtv-setup
and fix your inputs...

Mike