[mythtv-users] Sound Question...

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 22:57:41 UTC 2006

On 16/07/06, Dave <dcdean at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Nick,
>
> That sounds much more realistic (messing with ALSA scares me).  I'll reread
> all that and give it a shot.  Thanks for the pointers!

ALSA is not really a problem (the default on most if not all distros
now) ALSA provides the OSS emulation that allows use of the /dev/dsp
for capture when using a framegrabber capture card. As long as you get
sound working, it doesn't matter! Note that MythTV supports both ALSA
and OSS anyway.

If you want to use ALSA for _playback_, your output device is usually
ALSA:default, and you can use the alsamixer program to configure your
volume levels.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki: