[mythtv-users] Upcoming recordings was blank, then I scheduled a new recording... and that filled up the upcoming recordings list again

Justin Hornsby justin.hornsby at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 07:49:40 UTC 2006

Hi folks.

Something very strange happened to my myth system (0.19) last night.

I powered on my frontend to start watching a show I'd scheduled to
record a few days ago... it wasn't in the recorded programs list.
Bemused, I opened the 'upcoming recordings' menu & saw the list was
empty!  The upcoming recordings list should _always_ be populated - I
record a lot of TV.

A little puzzled by this, I brought up the programme guide & scheduled
a repeat showing of the show to record.  I then checked the upcoming
recordings list again - lo and behold all the regulars were back
there, as well as the new recording!

Great...

Then I realised that the channel on my cable box had just been changed
- the recording I'd originally scheduled was now taking place.

There's absolutely nothing in the backend log to suggest anything was wrong.

Was this just 'one of those things' or is it indicative of something else?

I think I'd left the frontend powered on for a few hours yesterday &
may have left it at the 'watch recordings' menu, but how that could
affect it I don't know.

Before the scheduled start time the last thing I'd done was a) watch a
recording and b) tried to bring up mythweather in mythweb (which
didn't work incidentally).

One more thing - the database seems healthy according to mysqlcheck.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Justin