[mythtv-users] GUI setup using remote?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 17:33:18 UTC 2006

Hello!

Before I start out on a voyage to create something (or pay someone to
do it for me), I figured I'd ask if it (or something similar to it)
already exists somewhere...

I am planning on creating a little pre-setup GUI to walk you through
things like configuring your system time zone, whether to use DHCP or
a static IP, hostname, and a few other basic linux settings.  I figure
this would be a nice 'icing on the cake' for setting up a new system.
It would all be controllable by a remote, so I'll either be using
irexec or maybe I'll add it as an addition to Myth so I can use it's
lirc interface.

Anyway...

Does anything like this exist?

-Chad