[mythtv-users] Pegged CPU on HDTV - misconfigured?

Justin The Cynical cynical at penguinness.org
Tue Jul 18 17:34:16 UTC 2006

Eric Larson wrote:
> When viewing HD content, my CPU is pegged and it's a little jittery. I
> get a
> bunch of "NVP: prebuffering pause" outputted to the terminal that started
> mythfrontend.
>
> I tried enabling xVmc, but should I use "Standard xVmc" or "VIA xVmc"? I'm
> currently using standard.

Standard.  The VIA option is for those using VIA chipset video cards.

And, per your log from the frontend, here is the problem:

> XvMCWrapper: Could not open config file "/etc/X11/XvMCConfig".
> XvMCWrapper: No such file or directory

Since the system can't find the file, XvMC isn't even starting.

Check /etc/X11 to see if XvMCConfig exists.

If it does, make sure that it contains libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1

If it doesn't create it and put the listed file in.

My setup has the file owned by the mythtv user.

For the record, this is from my back/front end machine with a Celeron 2
gig, and I'm able to watch HD programs.