[mythtv-users] using mythtv

Hari Nair hari at alumni.caltech.edu
Tue Jul 18 18:17:50 UTC 2006

I put together a box exclusively for MythTV last month, and started with gentoo, since that's what I have on my desktop.  There
are detailed guides available, but it is a lot of work.  I got to the point where I was sitting on my couch, using my laptop as
a remote control for the tv, when I thought "What am I doing?".  I then downloaded KnoppMyth, installed it, and had MythTV
working within the hour.

We have a simple setup; analog cable and a regular old Sony TV, so we're not pushing any envelopes.  Just check that all of your
hardware is well supported and you shouldn't have any trouble.  We're very happy with MythTV!