[mythtv-users] using mythtv

Tony H ahuebel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 19:10:38 UTC 2006

Wow...some great responses here....from the look of it I would love to use
mythtv. I have just moved into an apartment while I build a house so right
now all I have set up is 1 PC, and 2 TVs. The PC is in the room with a
regular (non-HD) tv. I would imagine, that in order to do this right, I
would have to have two computers set up (one for each TV). The primary
reason for that being the fact that I am not supposed to drill through the
walls to run cable. I am debating putting single gang boxes in and just
covering them with blank faceplates when I move (I doubt anyone would be the
wiser) but that is another story. So what I would have to do I imagine would
be to have another mythtv box with a wireless NIC to communicate back to the
server (with the storage). Does this sound about right? I want to try and
figure out exactly what hardware I will need to buy and how I will need to
configure everything so I can weigh all the options before starting.