[mythtv-users] Mythtv .19 live watching

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Wed Jul 19 16:02:59 UTC 2006

    > Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:09:28 +0100
    > From: Greg Farrell <greg at gregfarrell.org>

    > chris at cpr.homelinux.net wrote:
    > > I've been having more than a few problems with recordings lately,
    > > too.  I didn't change my ivtv when I upgraded Myth from0.18 to 0.19
    > > because I'm still on the same kernel, but since the upgrade I'm
    > > getting a lot of messages from ivtv in my dmesg output relating to
    > > DMA.  The recordings sometimes stop after about 15-20 minutes, but
    > >

    > I had similar problems when I moved from .18 to .19. They've
    > been improved a good bit by updating to the very latest ivtv.

    > The ivtv changelog even lists a 'fix' for a lockup with mythtv in
    > the latest version.

Kernel & ivtv versions before & after?

(I ask because "very latest" is a very-badly-defined concept for
anyone who happens to see your message in an archive, and it's not
even all that well-defined right this instant, because different
kernels demand different ivtv versions and you haven't specified
either one of them.)