[mythtv-users] Mythtv .19 live watching

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Thu Jul 20 02:36:47 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 12:00:28PM -0400, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
>     >  I didn't change my ivtv when I upgraded Myth from0.18 to 0.19
>     > because I'm still on the same kernel, but since the upgrade I'm
>     > getting a lot of messages from ivtv in my dmesg output relating to
>     > DMA.
> Can you relate your ivtv & kernel versions & hardware parameters?

I was running Linux 2.6.15.1 with ivtv 0.4.6 before and after the
upgrade from Myth 0.18 to 0.19.  The incidence of DMA messages in dmesg
has increased substantially, and many of the recordings are truncated.

I downloaded Linux 2.6.17.6 and ivtv 0.7.0 but can't get them to work
together at all (yet).  The kernel builds and runs just fine, but when I
make and install ivtv I get the following:
	WARNING: /lib/modules/2.6.17.6/ivtv/ivtv.ko needs unknown
	symbol tveeprom_read
	WARNING: /lib/modules/2.6.17.6/ivtv/ivtv.ko needs unknown
	symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog

When I unpacked 2.6.17.6 I copied the .config from 2.6.15.1 and did a
"make oldconfig" and then went in to fix up all the broken networking
stuff (the define/include statements are all different this time around
so iptables gets lost if you don't manually put it back in again).  The
v4l module was carried over from the prior version, and I did NOT build
any of the driver modules for bttv, etc. as per the module conflicts in
prior ivtv releases.

Maybe 0.7.0 only works with earlier 2.6.17 builds?  Or is there another
v4l driver module I need to add?