[mythtv-users] MythArchive - Aspect Ratio

Christopher Maines cmaines at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 04:50:33 UTC 2006

I tried out svn 10600 and it's almost there - the burned shows play
back at the proper aspect ratio of 4:3, but the menu images are still
squashed into letterbox format. I set "Main Menu Aspect Ratio" to 4:3
and then made two ISO files: one with "Chapter Menu Aspect Ratio" set
to 4:3 and a second with "Chapter Menu Aspect Ratio" set to Video.
Both ISOs were identical.

By the way, I noticed that none of the menu navigation pages in either
the G.A.N.T. or MythCenter themes give you any way of going back to a
previous menu - there's no "back" button. The only way to get to a
second or third show that's been burned to the same DVD is to exit the
player completely and restart it.

I also had a problem with one of the three burned shows - the audio
was ahead of the video by the end, although they started out together.
There isn't anything wrong with the show in MythTV. I know this isn't
necessarily a mytharchive problem, but I've burned about 150 DVDs
using mythburn in mythtv 0.18 and never had this happen before.

Thanks for all the work. Being able to burn recorded shows to DVD is
the primary reason I'm using MythTV instead of some other PVR
solution.