[mythtv-users] Recovering when zap2it screws the pooch---a warning & some questions

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Thu Jul 20 16:09:16 UTC 2006

    Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 11:32:46 -0400
    From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>

    > >I might have been confusing when I said "OTA", since I meant "the
    > >over-the-air SD ANALOG channels".  Does that ticket address analog
    > >channels or only digital ones?

    Analog and digital.  Analog is fixed.  (For analog, it primarily only
    affected cable (and satellite?) users.)  Digital is not yet fixed.

    Either way, since you're still using 0.18.1, you don't have the fix.
    Therefore, even though analog just got fixed, you don't have the fix.

Right, this much I know. :)

(I'm still assuming that DD is at fault here, though, since they can't
assume well, unless they get it from my certificate code and know
about this particular Myth ticket and assume I'm running it :) that
when I'm talking to labs.zap2it.com as a human using their web pages,
they can put the channels in the table in some arbitrary numbering;
the numbers I see in the little enable/disable-checkboxes form are
supposed to match the ordering on my cable feed [or whatever], and
they just don't, for one of the lineups.  I'm guessing they had some
sort of major data-importing snafu [there are suspicious patterns with
extra or missing 7's in the channel numbers, for example].  Even if
Myth can (now) magically cope because it downloads additional data in
-its- downloads (which aren't going through this human-readable web
page), the randomized assignments on the web page make it difficult
for humans to find their channels to enable or disable them, because
the channel numbers are wrong and the callsigns aren't sorted, either,
so it devolves to linear search.  That can't be what they intend.)