[mythtv-users] Using MythTV without scheduling data (XMLTV or DataDirect), with a daily recurring recording schedule for known local channels.

Matt Harmon mattjharmon at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 20 17:36:18 UTC 2006

Hi,
   I'm trying to determine if it is possible to use a
MythTV box without a scheduling data feed to record
manually configured channels on a daily basis, with a
multiple analog tuner card system.

   The channels, start times and duration of the
programming I would like to record are all known and
could be provided as a "dummy" schedule. Or the data
could be entered into the database manually.

   I've reviewed the mailing list archives and noted
that there have been some issues with this matter in
the past (manually scheduled recordings) though in the
context of attempting to schedule a manual recording
with a scheduling data feed in place.

   I work for a company that can't afford to pay for a
commerical scheduling feed but has a need to monitor
local news coverage in a digital format. We know when
the broadcasts will occur and what channels they will
be on. We're trying to determine if a MythTV box will
do the job.

Thanks in advance for any information you could
provide.