[mythtv-users] Multiple Tuner problems

mythtv-users at gserv2-7.phull.myip.org mythtv-users at gserv2-7.phull.myip.org
Fri Jul 21 09:38:11 UTC 2006

Folks,

I have a generally very effective MYTHTV installation with one annoying
problem.

Basically I have three tuners in my backend:-

DVB0 - Newish Hauppauge NOVA-T

DVB1 -  Oldish Hauppauge NOVA-T

DVB2  - DVB-T USB stick

All 3 scan and tune fine with tzap.

Whichever I make the first tuner (DVB0) works rock solid with MYTHTV.

Tuners DVB1 and DVB2 both work part of the time, however they won't always
lock to the tuned channel. In livetv this gives warnings and no video and in
recording mode zero length files occur.

My guess is that they are tuning some multiplexes not others. Annoyingly its
not very repeatable they work some of the time.

How should I go about diagnosing this problem?

The silly thing is DVB0 always tunes OK whatever card I make it!!

--

Peter D Hull