[mythtv-users] MythStream, MythRecipe etc....

catfish catfish at halfdone.com
Fri Jul 21 17:17:46 UTC 2006

Bruce Nordstrand wrote:
> Here I am reinstalling my box using Jarrod's instructions again,
> installing Myth via RPM, and I go looking for extra bots to add. Come
> across MythStream and MythRecipe which I want to use for increased
> WAF...but I read on the list arcives that I can't install them as I need
> to do it with a  source code install, not RPM.

At least with MythStreamTv and TvWish don't need to compile mythtv
itself (I also followed Jarrod's guide). MythStreamTv is just some php
files and scripts, and mythweb itself is just php files (doesn't get
compiled). TvWish is some perl scripts that works outside of mythtv.

I gave MythReceipe a shot (note I'm not really a linux guy) but it seems
to need at least mythtv's source code. I assume it's possible to not
have to compile mythtv itself (does it just creates a plugin .so and
support files?) but since I don't think I'm able to exactly match the
same source code that atrpm used I didn't attempt to go further. Doesn't
appear to be a mythtv-suite-source -like rpm.