[mythtv-users] PVR-150 defaulting to /dev/video1

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Jul 21 19:58:28 UTC 2006

Frank Armstrong wrote:

> well it works now...!!! thanks for all the help :)...I restarted after
> downloading the newest nvidia driver and now it changes channel no
> problem...then i switched cards to the HD3000 card and i got video
> there(no audio)...but it wouldn't swtich back....same error..ivtv driver
> stopped responding...any ideas??

If you are using the HD3000 card for digital reception (OTA HD, or
QAM256 encryted cable feed) then it should show up at /dev/dvb/adapter0
and you should be using the cx88-dvb modules.
If you are using the HD3000 for analog, then it will use the cx8800
module and will show up at /dev/videoX. I don't think you need ivtv
running at all for analog reception through the HD30000 card.

I strongly suggest that you try doing this one card at a time. Take out
the HD3000 and play with the PVR until it works. Then swap in the HD3000
and work in getting it going. (The modules being listed in modprobe.conf
will not hurt when there is no matching hardware, so don't touch those
sections.).

If you have not done so, run 'dmesg | more' from a command line. There
are lots of messages which can tell you what is or is not being done.
Post excerpts for what you don't understand.

Geoff