[mythtv-users] MythStream, MythRecipe etc....

catfish catfish at halfdone.com
Sat Jul 22 04:09:25 UTC 2006

Axel Thimm wrote:
> There is libmyth-devel, install that and you should most probably be
> able to compile against mythtv.

OK that helped and I was able to get it compiled. But I can't seem to
get recipe to work completely. I was able to import the built in recipes
I think but it is only able to show instructions but no ingredients,
about screen is blank, and doesn't look like the screenshots...etc. I
don't know if it's because I did someone wrong, the theme (gant), the
mythtv rev, the phase of the moon or such.

Using FC4, 2.6.17-1.2139_1.rhfc4.cubbi_swsusp2, mythtv-suite-0.19-59.at.

Here is what I ended up doing, if I remember correctly (I'm not much of
a linux guy):

- yum install qt-devel
- yum install libmyth-devel
- export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-3.3/
- Downloaded mythrecipe.tar.bz2 from
http://mythextra.napsi.net/download.html
- extract (tar -xvf mythrecipe.tar.bz2)
- cd mythextra/mythrecipe
- edit settings.pro changing PREFIX to /usr instead of /usr/local
- edit Makefile changing /usr/share/qt3/mkspecs/default/qmake.conf to
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/mkspecs/default/qmake.conf
- edit insert-myth-option changing INSTALLDIR=/usr/local/share/mythtv to
INSTALLDIR=/usr/share/mythtv
- ./recipes which compiles and installs it.
- cd /usr/share/mythtv/mythRecipe/
- cp -R xml-recipes/* xml/

It will add a "Recipes" item to the frontend main menu in mythtv which
you need to then:
- Goto Settings->Setup Recipe Tables
- Back on main recipe menu->Import XML Recipes

This is the point I'm at.